Handling arbitrary char ranges

ag0aep6g via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 20 13:00:58 PDT 2016

On 20.04.2016 21:48, Matt Kline wrote:
> I don't have an option here, do I? I assume HTTP.onSend doesn't take a
> `delegate size_t(ubyte[])` insetad of a `delegate size_t(void[])`, and
> that the former isn't implicitly convertible to the latter.

Maybe I've missed it, but you didn't say where the HTTP type comes from,
did you? If it's not under your control, then yeah, I guess you have to
deal with void[].

[...]
> Is this due solely to the "auto-decode" behavior? Generally, (except
> apparently in this case) don't arrays of type T qualify as InputRanges
> of type T?

Yep. Generally, T[] is a range with element type T. char[], wchar[], and
their qualified variants are the exception. And the reason is
auto-decoding to dchar, yes.