Using D in Android App

Joakim via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 23 03:14:23 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 16 April 2016 at 04:04:24 UTC, Justice wrote:
> Is it difficult to create a D business like app and connect it
> to android through java for the interface?

Not difficult, but it hasn't really been done yet.  I don't
anticipate JNI causing much of a problem, but I need to look into
it more.

> I'd rather create all the complex stuff in D and either use it
> natively through java(I need a UI).
>
> If it is workable, can the same be said for IOS(just recompile
> the D source to the IOS architecture then use it in an IOS app
> for the ui)?

Dan would have to answer the question of how well his iOS support
integrates with Obj-C and the iOS GUI.

Mobile support is in alpha, meaning it's mostly been used to run
a bunch of unit tests in the background.  I hope to release a
beta for Android in the next couple weeks, along with JNI
integration and sample apps.  Once that's done, you may consider
using D for such an app, if you don't mind using a beta.