prolog and epilog code

Rufus Smith via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 2 13:55:30 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 2 August 2016 at 20:28:51 UTC, Rufus Smith wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 August 2016 at 18:34:49 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
> wrote:
>> On 8/2/16 2:25 PM, Rufus Smith wrote:
>>
>>> So, something funky is going on. Any ideas?
>>
>> phobos is not being resolved.
>>
>> I don't use visualD, so I'm not sure what the issue is, it's
>> probably a compiler or linker ordering issue.
>>
>> -Steve
>
> Um, but it works as long as I a main function! So while it
> might be something weird with visualD, it's probably something
> more related to dmd(flag or something). Cause I am using
> phobo's... that is, unless it does not link in phobo's if there
> is no D main file(trying to be smart).

If I link in phobos manually most of the errors go away, I'm left
with"

main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl
rt_init(void)" (?rt_init@@YAHXZ) referenced in function main
main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void
__cdecl Dmain(void)" (?Dmain@@YAXXZ) referenced in function main
phobos64.lib(sections_win64_2317_4e2.obj) : error LNK2019:
unresolved external symbol _deh_beg referenced in function
_D2rt14sections_win6412SectionGroup8ehTablesMxFNdZAyS2rt15deh_win64_posix9FuncTable (const(@property immutable(rt.deh_win64_posix.FuncTable)[] function()) rt.sections_win64.SectionGroup.ehTables)
phobos64.lib(sections_win64_2317_4e2.obj) : error LNK2019:
unresolved external symbol _deh_end referenced in function
_D2rt14sections_win6412SectionGroup8ehTablesMxFNdZAyS2rt15deh_win64_posix9FuncTable (const(@property immutable(rt.deh_win64_posix.FuncTable)[] function()) rt.sections_win64.SectionGroup.ehTables)

This mainly seems that the d code is not being linked with the c
code.

But I guess this is all on VisualD's end since since it seems
just to be the command line not getting the correct stuff, for
some oddball reasons.