C binding with D function

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 3 09:09:15 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 3 August 2016 at 15:56:34 UTC, llaine wrote:
> Okay on stack overflow, they are not using ffi but dl.
> I tried changing ffi to dl, it's the same don't work
> unfortunatly.

That's about as far as I can go without having it set up on my
machine. The procedure should be the same as I spelled out
though. You need to create an extern(C) function that calls
Runtime.initialize(). Then you call that function from Ruby the
same as any other function you call with FFI. I'm familiar with
the R FFI and the only difference is that some parts of that are
automated.