vsprintf or printf variable arguments

Mark J Twain via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 5 12:21:38 PDT 2016

On Friday, 5 August 2016 at 08:32:42 UTC, kink wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 August 2016 at 21:03:52 UTC, Mark "J" Twain [...]
>
> This has absolutely nothing to do with D as these are C
> functions, so you'd be better off asking this in another forum.

Um, then I wonder why I am using D? Why does D even have C stuff
in it if it has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with D?

> Anyway, I have no idea why you'd want to construct the va_list
> manually.

Of course you don't, do you have ESP? Do you need to see a
psychologist?

> These vprintf() functions only exist so that other variadic
> functions can forward THEIR varargs - e.g.,
>
> extern(C) void myOldschoolPrintf(in char* format, ...)
> {
>   doSomethingSpecial();
>   va_list myVarargs = va_start(format);
>   vprintf(format, myVarargs);
> }
>
> Note that va_list is highly platform-dependent, so filling the
> struct manually is a very bad idea.

So? People do bad stuff all the time, you should know a lot about
that? Or are you Jesus?

Ok, thanks for the help. I appreciate it! I know absolutely
nothing more than I did about the problem I asked. At least my
reply to my self works and accomplishes the task I posted about
in the first place.