LDC with ARM backend

Claude via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 9 08:27:26 PDT 2016

On Monday, 1 August 2016 at 06:21:48 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
> Thanks! That's really awesome!
>
> Did you manage to build more complex applications? EABI is a
> bit different from the hardfloat ABI and there may be still
> bugs lurking in LDC...

Unfortunately no, I didn't have the time.

I was interested in building audio applications in D, but I do
not use much float arithmetic on embedded systems (I prefer
integer/fixed-point over it). Anyway I have some pieces of DSP
algorithms I could try out in float (FFT, biquads, FIR etc).

I could also try to run the phobos test suite on the board I use,
if there is an easy way to do it (I'm pretty new to all this).

On Tuesday, 2 August 2016 at 04:19:15 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't see this thread till now, or I could have saved
> you some time by telling you not to apply the llvm patch on
> non-Android linux.  Note that you don't have to compile llvm
> yourself at all, as long as the system llvm has the ARM backend
> built in, as it often does.

Ah ok. I am totally new to llvm. I did it the hard way. :)