'importing' threads — i.e. thread_attachThis()

Cauterite via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 12 12:32:22 PDT 2016

On Friday, 12 August 2016 at 18:59:35 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
> On Friday, 12 August 2016 at 10:45:22 UTC, Cauterite wrote:

Thanks, this is very helpful. I already feel much more confident
about the idea.

My use is definitely the 'whole-lifetime' case, so I might be
able to get away with ignoring the `_beginthreadex` business
since at this stage I won't be using CRT functions anyway.

The only reason I can't run through _beginthreadex normally is
because I'm allocating the thread stack myself, which requires
use of NtCreateThread.