DUB saying my Linux exe file is "not an executable file" even though DUB built it

WhatMeWorry via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 14 13:41:10 PDT 2016

> This is the actual problem that cause trouble. Your flash drive
> is probably Fat32 or NTFS formatted rather than ext4. Since
> those file systems do not support "executable attribute", Linux
> will silently fail to give files the attribute which results in
> these sort of surprises. You may wonder why the same thing
> doesn't happen on NTFS formatted partition of your hard drive.
> I guess this is because Linux assumes internal hard drive is
> trustable, thus all files have executable attribute by default
> (that's what happens on my pc).

Just wanted to thank everybody again and do a recap.  Yes, it was
the FAT32 flash drive. I read that FAT23 supported rw on both
Windows and Linux but was ignorant about the "exec attr".  Redid
everything on the flash drive formatted to ext4 and everything
works fine between both systems. (need to install Ext2Fsd.exe on
Windows, however).