new XML and JSON libs and replacement of std.net.curl

Oleg B via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 15 08:01:13 PDT 2016

Hello.
In std.xml docs I read that is deprecated, and std.net.curl can
be deprecated too (not remember here I read about std.net.curl).
About std.json I read what it's has slow (de)serialization.

What I must use at this time?
vibe.data.json has evolution
https://github.com/s-ludwig/std_data_json, but, if I correctly
understood, they are not compatible and I can't use
stdx.data.json in vibe.

For XML I found this project
https://github.com/lodo1995/experimental.xml. Is this really
candidate to std, or author just called it as he want?

As replacement of std.net.curl I found
https://github.com/ikod/dlang-requests. Who know's about this
lib? Is this good replacement of std.net.curl?

Maybe if I need json and http requests I must fully use vibe for
these things? Vibe not resolve xml question =(
I want to use minimal count of dependencies...