DerelictGL3.reload with specified path question.

WhatMeWorry via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 17 20:54:24 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 18 August 2016 at 03:11:17 UTC, WhatMeWorry wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 August 2016 at 23:21:59 UTC, Rene Zwanenburg
> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 17 August 2016 at 22:59:31 UTC, WhatMeWorry
>> wrote:
>>> I want to store all my shared/dynamic libraries within a
>>> special directory relative to where the application directory
>>> is. All of the derelictXX.loads(path) compiles except
>>> DerelictGL3.reload(lib);  which doesn't seem to be
>>> implemented.
>>
>> Don't ever ship OpenGL.dll with your application: it's
>> provided by the graphics driver. The only exception to this
>> rule that I can think of is if you want to use a software
>> implementation for some reason
>
> Understood. Thanks.  I assume everything else is good to go.

When I saw the .dll in OpenGL.dll, I immediately thought: just
Windows. But does this hold true for the linux shared opengl
libraries as well? Is this why DerelictGL3.reload() does not take
a path argument.  But then why doesDerelictGL3.load(lib)take an
argument?