Rebind template(bug?)

ag0aep6g via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 22 12:56:08 PDT 2016

On 08/22/2016 08:54 PM, Engine Machine wrote:
> Yeah, but a name means nothing. Change it if you want ;)

Even with a better name it still requires a good amount of thinking by
the reader to see what's going on.

[...]
> What it achieves is a uniform way to create a hierarchical relationship
> without excessive verbosity.
[...]
> Ultimately it is just syntax, it does nothing over what D already does.
> It doesn't create anything new. In some cases it simplifies. If it does,
> then great, if it doesn't then don't use it. While I would prefer a
> totally different syntax, I also like to keep things organized. Having
> multiple classes floating around for certain things is just not needed
> so there should be an option.

So this is just to avoid typing out `class Pug : Dog {...} class Dog :
Animal {...} class Animal {...}`? If so, I don't think it's worth the
hassle. At least in the version so far, it doesn't seem to really cut
down on the typing.