Proper concurrent nearly lock free efficient nogc storage structures?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 27 10:27:19 PDT 2016

On Friday, 26 August 2016 at 23:38:02 UTC, Illuminati wrote:
> Does D have any such thing? I'm having to recreate the wheel
> here and it isn't fun ;/  Getting in the way of real work ;/
>
> Surely you would think that with the power D has such things
> would exist by now?

There doesn't seem to be much demand for that as concurrency
trend keeps moving from making shared access transparent to
minimizing or even removing it completely. And for many remaining
cases locking is acceptable and more simple. Thus I am not very
surprised no one has bothered to work on lock-free data
structures seriously so far.