Proper concurrent nearly lock free efficient nogc storage structures?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 27 16:00:37 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 27 August 2016 at 21:23:04 UTC, Illuminati wrote:
> On Saturday, 27 August 2016 at 17:27:19 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> On Friday, 26 August 2016 at 23:38:02 UTC, Illuminati wrote:
>>> Does D have any such thing? I'm having to recreate the wheel
>>> here and it isn't fun ;/  Getting in the way of real work ;/
>>>
>>> Surely you would think that with the power D has such things
>>> would exist by now?
>>
>> There doesn't seem to be much demand for that as concurrency
>> trend keeps moving from making shared access transparent to
>> minimizing or even removing it completely. And for many
>> remaining cases locking is acceptable and more simple. Thus I
>> am not very surprised no one has bothered to work on lock-free
>> data structures seriously so far.
>
> This is not a solution. D doesn't even seem to any have proper
> concurrent storage structures.

It is not a solution indeed, it is explanation why no one has
considered writing one important so far (which you seemed to be
surprised about in the first post). Same for concurrent data
storage structures or anything else that implies "casual"
concurrency - it is too rarely needed.

I am afraid most likely you will need to write your own if this
is a must :(