Fast multidimensional Arrays

Seb via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 29 07:55:50 PDT 2016

On Monday, 29 August 2016 at 14:43:08 UTC, Steinhagelvoll wrote:
> It is quite surprising that there is this much of a difference,
> even when all run sequential. I believe this might be specific
> to this small problem.

You should definitely have a look at this benchmark for matrix
multiplication across a many languages:

https://github.com/kostya/benchmarks#matmul

With the recent generic GLAS kernel in mir, matrix multiplication
in D is the blazingly fast (it improved the existing results by
at least 8x).
Please not that this requires the latest LDC beta with includes
the fastMath pragma and GLAS is still under development at mir:

https://github.com/libmir/mir