RDTSCP from dlang

rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 31 00:57:27 PDT 2016

On 31/08/2016 7:49 PM, kookman wrote:
> On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 at 07:36:16 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>
>> http://dlang.org/spec/abi.html#register_conventions
>
> That link talks about for functions defined extern(C) and extern(D), and
> gives specific info for win32.
>
> I'm using linux x86_64, does that mean I can assume standard x86_64 ABI?
> ie even if the function is not extern?

That link describes extern(D) for x86(_64) for all platforms. Keep in
mind if a function body does not have an extern(X) supplied, the default
is extern(D).

C is listed there as we have first class C interaction via extern(C).

The listing of DLL's on that page really should be changed to dynamic
libraries. Since that covers linuxes.