D to C++

Michael via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 31 05:13:38 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 31 August 2016 at 11:43:12 UTC, Nick wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 August 2016 at 14:24:22 UTC, eugene wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 30 August 2016 at 13:33:44 UTC, Nick wrote:
>>> Is it possible to compile from D to C++?
>>>
>>> Explanation:
>>> I do some competition programming and would like to write it
>>> in D instead of C++ :)
>>
>> maybe will help https://wiki.dlang.org/Calypso
>
> That's quite nice, but not what I'm looking for.
> What Calypso does, as far as I can see, is to make it possible
> to compile C++ and D together. I'm looking for a compiler that
> takes in D code and spits out either C or C++ code.

I can't imagine that's been done, and I'm not sure it will be
high on anybody's list of priorities I'm afraid. A lot of work
was done on automating C++ -> D, but converting D, a language
intended to replace C++, to C++ itself seems a little backwards.
I get why you'd like to use it, but I don't think it's been done,
sorry.