Building with dub fails on Ubuntu 16.10.

moe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 5 12:03:25 PST 2016

On Monday, 5 December 2016 at 07:32:21 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
> On Saturday, 3 December 2016 at 16:07:47 UTC, moe wrote:
>> On Sunday, 11 September 2016 at 02:17:21 UTC, Vlasov Roman
>> wrote:
>>> Hello, guys.
>>> I tried to build HelloWorld with dub, but i got strange
>>> linker error:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>

>> I just switched from Windows to linux (arch) and got the exact
>> same problem. Did you resolve this yet? I'm not very
>> experienced with development on linux any hint here would be
>> welcome.
>
> On arch linux there should not be any issue. Archlinux does not
> use fPIC by default so, this error seems like you have
> something wrong with your Archlinux installation.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't done a lot of development on linux
so I messed quite a bit with my arch install. It's very well
possible that I messed something up. I am planing to reinstall in
a few weeks anyway :)

Having said that, from the arch wiki:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/D_(programming_language)
Looks like there is a hardening-wrapper which forces PIC by
default. As clang worked just fine I assumed that was the actual
problem. I will look into it again once I reinstalled my system.