[Semi-OT] I don't want to leave this language!

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 7 04:45:30 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 7 December 2016 at 12:36:49 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
> On Monday, 5 December 2016 at 20:25:00 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko
> wrote:
>> Good D code should be nothrow, @nogc, and betterC. BetterC
>> means that it must not require DRuntime to link and to start.
>> I started Mir as scientific/numeric project, but it is going
>> to be a replacement for Phobos to use D instead/with of C/C++.
>
> Yes, perhaps it is so in your world...
> In my world I have absolutely no need for this. In fact we are
> perfectly happy with Java runtime which is many times bigger
> than druntime!

Exactly, this is why D will never beat Java and Go. BTW, both
languages has commercial support. Current D users are here
because they are OK with current D runtime. The number of users
is small. I don't expect/want that every one will agree.

I am targeting the ocean where we has not concurrents except
C/C++.

GC for D is good as dub package or a compiler option.

Ilya