drepl fails because of missing lib linenoise

Seb via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 8 06:10:00 PST 2016

On Thursday, 8 December 2016 at 13:03:10 UTC, Edwin van Leeuwen
wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 December 2016 at 12:31:01 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
>> drepl fails to build as
>>
>> https://github.com/drepl/drepl/issues/58
>>
>> Any ideas why?
>
> Looks like you don't have liblinenoise installed.

... and for the record I just recompiled it with the lastest,
greatest DMD and it still worked :)

Btw if you also feel that DUB should have a smoother integration
with C code ->

https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/852

> Some basic notes on how to install on linux/macosx can be found
> here:
> https://github.com/BlackEdder/todod#linenoise

For ArchLinux there's also a convenient packages:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linenoise