Simplest way to build a DMD compatible C lib, and how to link using DUB.

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 14 16:29:14 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 14 December 2016 at 23:08:30 UTC, hardreset wrote:
> I built Freetype with MSVC13 and tried to link it but DMD didnt
> like the format, so what should compiler (free) should I use
> for building DMD compatible static libs?
>
> Once I've build the lib, made a di file, where do I put these
> things in the dub directory structure?
>
> thanks,

Yes under win32 you must use Digital Mars C++ compiler, "DMC",
because it produces OMF objects. That's also the default format
produced by DMD.

DMC is here: http://www.digitalmars.com/download/freecompiler.html

However note that there's DerelictFT or Deimos freetype if you
don't want to mess with this problem.