Is it possbile to specify a remote git repo as dub dependency?

Eugene Wissner via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 19 08:26:34 PST 2016

On Monday, 19 December 2016 at 14:45:07 UTC, biocyberman wrote:
> On Monday, 19 December 2016 at 14:18:17 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
> wrote:
>> On 2016-12-19 13:11, biocyberman wrote:
>>> I can write a short script to clone the remote git repo and
>>> use it as a
>>> submodule. But if it is possible to do with dub, it will be
>>> more
>>> convenient.
>>
>> It's not currently possible.
>
> I see, it is both a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing is
> to encourage developers to submit packages to central dub
> registry. Bad thing is, when that does not happen soon enough,
> other developers who use the package will have to do something
> for themselves.

To be honest there is no need for dub registry at all. Vim plugin
managers can pull plugins from every github repository.
Javascript ended up with 10 dependency managers every of which
has its own registry (and npm as the most official of them). And
the js case will happen to D aswell if it become more popular.