Unittest hangs on completion

David Zhang via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 29 14:23:20 PST 2016

On Thursday, 29 December 2016 at 20:50:54 UTC, David  Zhang wrote:
> On Thursday, 29 December 2016 at 20:33:33 UTC, Stefan Koch
> wrote:
>> It would be very helpful if you could provide example code
>> that triggers that behavior.
>
> I'd love to, but I'm not actually sure just what it is that
> breaks it. I can provide the git repo for one of them though
> though:
>
> https://gitlab.com/Straivers/Weave
> https://gitlab.com/Straivers/Weave.git

Ok, so after further fiddling, it seems to originate from here:

[from the list class]

@safe unittest {
     class A {
         int foo;
     }

     auto list = new List!A();
     list ~= [new A, new A, new A];

     assert(list.findElement(null).result == null);
}

However, commenting it out, and replacing it with another block
(the test immediately below it, causes it to hang too, or error
out and crash without any error message.