Unittest hangs on completion

David Zhang via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 29 17:33:25 PST 2016

On Friday, 30 December 2016 at 01:25:50 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> Looks like that comes from here:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/dub/blob/master/source/dub/dub.d#L577
>
> I have serious doubts that this is the correct way to run
> tests, as share ctors are supposed to have run BEFORE unit
> tests are allowed to. It's quite possible (and likely) that
> unit tests are running before critical other shared ctors have
> completed, which is why something isn't working.
>
> In any case, it looks like the unit tests have run, and run
> successfully, and then main has run, and then it's the teardown
> of the runtime that's hanging.
>
> I'm not 100% certain, because I don't know exactly how this
> code comes into play -- it's a string in this file.
>
> -Steve

Huh, shouldn't this problem have manifested itself earlier then?
Why only now? I don't remember this happening previously. At the
very least I'm pretty sure I first encountered it last week.
Unless something in DMD was patched? But then there'd be no way
I'm the only one encountering this problem, and there don't
appear to be any issues on github's tracker.