Adding linker paths with spaces using dmd and msvc toolchain

Jeremy DeHaan via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 29 19:51:13 PST 2016

I have a path to where some .libs are, and this path has some
spaces in it. Using dmd and the msvc toolchain, I only seem to be
able to correctly link .lib files if I pass them to the compiler
with their full paths, or if I give the linker a relative path.

When I add -L/LIBPATH:"path" to the command line, it ends up
looking like this:
-L/LIBPATH:"C:\Users\Jeremy DeHaan\Desktop\CODE\dsfml\lib".

The linker will complain that it cannot open input file
'DeHaan\Desktop\CODE\dsfml\lib.obj'.

How does one correctly add a linker path that has spaces?