Android Status

Ignacious via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 30 21:52:00 PST 2016

On Thursday, 29 December 2016 at 10:14:53 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 December 2016 at 23:33:57 UTC, Ignacious wrote:
>> What is the current status for building android apps in D? I
>> would like to create simple graphic based apps but don't wanna
>> get bogged down in trying to get car moving without any wheels.
>
> Should all work, but nothing other than small apps have been
> tested.  Try the latest beta, which I just put up:
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/xetfqojxijgobisfacvx@forum.dlang.org
>
> If you want something more substantive than my ports of the
> NDK's sample apps, check out Vadim's Tetris app, which I spent
> half an hour playing on my phone, :) or his minecraft-like demo
> (click on the sourceforge link from his forum post to get the
> apps):
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/cdekkumjynhqoxvmgjze@forum.dlang.org
>
> Let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Is there any way to get a package that works for windows? While
the steps don't seem too difficult to do, things never go well
for me(something always breaks... always!)

did install the linux subsystem but... seems like it would be
easier for you to compile a binary and upload it... since you
know what you are doing and have everything at hand already...

At least that gives me(and others) the ability to try to build
the examples and see how it works and all that... then I can go
through all the trouble of building the compiler myself if it
seems worth it rather than wasting time.