Android Status

Ignacious via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 31 00:05:42 PST 2016

On Thursday, 29 December 2016 at 10:14:53 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 December 2016 at 23:33:57 UTC, Ignacious wrote:
>> What is the current status for building android apps in D? I
>> would like to create simple graphic based apps but don't wanna
>> get bogged down in trying to get car moving without any wheels.
>
> Should all work, but nothing other than small apps have been
> tested.  Try the latest beta, which I just put up:
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/xetfqojxijgobisfacvx@forum.dlang.org
>
> If you want something more substantive than my ports of the
> NDK's sample apps, check out Vadim's Tetris app, which I spent
> half an hour playing on my phone, :) or his minecraft-like demo
> (click on the sourceforge link from his forum post to get the
> apps):
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/cdekkumjynhqoxvmgjze@forum.dlang.org
>
> Let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Ok, so I installed
ldc2-android-arm-1.1.0-beta4-linux-x86_64.tar.xz

in to ldcandroid

and tried running

./bin/ldc2 -c test.d

I get the error.

./bin/ldc2: error while loading shared libraries: libconfig.so.9:

Searched the file system for libconfig and found nothing so I did

sudo apt-get install libconfig++9

which installed it under lxss\rootfs\usr\lib\x86_64-linux-gnu

It shows up when I do

sudo ldconfig -v

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:
libconfig++.so.9 -> libconfig++.so.9.1.3

I tried adding this:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

But still same issue.

Any ideas how to fix this?