First project: questions on how-to, and on language features

Alex Vincent via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 2 23:03:25 PST 2016

On Sunday, 24 January 2016 at 18:52:41 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
> There is no documentation, so I have no idea what you're trying
> to achieve here. So your questions about why this isn't in
> Phobos, whether there are any other libraries that do this, and
> whether there's a way to simplify your contracts are impossible
> for me to answer.

Objections have been noted and (hopefully) corrected:
https://github.com/ajvincent/d-experiments/blob/master/IntervalMap/source/intervalmap.d

I'm going for the concept of versioning data - first a single
value, and then members of an array.  (I haven't implemented the
versioning of arrays yet.)  That's why I said it's an inverse of
Phobos ranges:  each iteration call to a range could give you a
different value.  Here, several versions can point to one value.

Feedback is still most strongly welcomed.