Cannot get Derelict to work

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 3 05:13:57 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 3 February 2016 at 13:07:51 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Wednesday, 3 February 2016 at 13:04:54 UTC, Mike Parker
> wrote:
>

>> latest release. Unfortunately, they do not provide a binary
>> distribution, so you will have to build the DLL from source or
>> find somewhere that makes it available prebuilt DLLs available
>> for you.
>
> Actually, they do provide prebuilt binaries for Windows now [1]
> . I'm so used to compiling it myself I forgot all about that.
>
> [1] http://www.glfw.org/download.html

And just to be clear, the typical thing to do on Windows is to
put this in the same directory as the binary. I like to set a
targetPath directive in my dub.sdl/json for a bin directory so
that the executable is created there. Then I just save the dll in
the bin directory.

// dub.json
"targetPath": "bin",

// dub.sdl
targetPath "bin"

So then the project tree looks like:

- myproj
-- bin
--- glfw3.dll
-- source
--- app.d
-- dub.sdl

Your exectuable will be output to the bin directory and
DerelictGLFW3.load should find the DLL just fine.