print function

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 4 06:25:21 PST 2016

On Thursday, 4 February 2016 at 11:04:15 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 February 2016 at 10:59:50 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> IMO, while giving beginner's a helping hand is a great thing,
>> I don't think it's a good basis to use as a design for a
>> standard library.
>
> Yes, better to have a "beginners toolkit"
> starting-point-codebase and build a tutorial around it.

That would be a reasonable argument if such a thing existed and
was included with the compiler.

import newbie;

void main() {
   print("Jack", "Black");
}

Unfortunately there is no such thing and it is unlikely to exist
in the next decade.