Things that keep D from evolving?

Marco Leise via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 6 18:46:39 PST 2016

Am Sat, 06 Feb 2016 11:47:02 +0000
schrieb Ola Fosheim Grøstad
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>:

> Of course, Swift does not aim for very high performance, but for
> convenient application/gui development. And frankly JavaScript is
> fast enough for that kind of programming.

My code would not see much ref counting in performance critical
loops. There is no point in ref counting every single point in
a complex 3D scene.
I could imagine it used on bigger items. Textures for example
since they may be used by several objects. Or - a prime
example - any outside resource that is potentially scarce and
benefits from deterministic release: file handles, audio
buffers, widgets, ...

--
Marco