Is this a bug in std.typecons.Tuple.slice?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 9 01:05:58 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 9 February 2016 at 08:35:21 UTC, tsbockman wrote:
> When faced with a judgment call like this, we really ought to
> err on the side of maintaining backwards compatibility -
> especially since this does not preclude adding a separate
> by-value version of `Tuple.slice`, as well. It was going to
> need a new name anyway.

I suggest lobbying for proper builtin tuple support. IMO one
shouldn't be able to take the reference of a tuple, to ensure
that it can be kept in registers. Modern desktop CPUs have maybe
512 bytes of register space. In most cases a tuple will be within
8 bytes * 16 or something like that.