Things that keep D from evolving?

NX via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 9 09:41:34 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 9 February 2016 at 14:35:48 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> Not incredibly high level abstraction... But I get what you
> mean. It is fairly high level for a low level language.

Coming from C#, it looks amazing but probably not that incredible
when coming from C++.

> So you want this to be worked on (as D has a horribly slow one)?

I would want it to be solved rather than being worked on... which
requires design change which is probably not going to happen.
There is still room for improvement though.

> Doesn't C# work just as well as D (or better) with most
> platforms?

There are differences, but yeah I shouldn't have said that ~
cross-platform thingy is not a valid argument against C# anymore.