wrapSocket for socket_t? As wrapFile for FILE*

tcak via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 13 22:01:11 PST 2016

On Sunday, 14 February 2016 at 04:13:12 UTC, Beginner-8 wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Anyone seen Socket constructor which uses already available
> socket of socket_t type?
>
> I am need to use already connected socket imported from C
> library without closing them after using.

One of the constructors of class Socket is as follows:

pure nothrow @nogc @safe this(socket_t sock, AddressFamily af);

socket_t is basically a file descriptor which is the type "int".

Your C library provides you "socket_t" value already as far as I
understand.
So, you can pass it to constructor.

Unless you explicitly call "close" method of Socket object, its
descriptor will
stay allocated for your process/program.