What is the best way to stop App after exception?

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 15 16:23:07 PST 2016

On Monday, 15 February 2016 at 15:38:07 UTC, Suliman wrote:

>> Since C's "exit" function is not liked, best thing you can do
>> is to throw an Error when you want to close the program. You
>> are not supposed to catch Errors. So, it eventually will stop
>> the currently running thread.
>
> but if I throw exception it's handled in instance of class
> Config and it's not go to main...

Either rethrow the original Exception:

catch(Exception e)
  {
   writeln(e.msg);
   throw e;
  }

In this case, if nothing else catches the exception, then it will

Or you can do as suggested above throw a new Error:

catch(Exception e)
  {
   writeln(e.msg);
   throw new Error(e.msg);
  }

If nothing is catching Throwable or Error (and nothing should
be), then the error will go all the way back to main just fine.