Scala Spark-like RDD for D?

Jakob Jenkov via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 16 07:03:36 PST 2016

> Perhaps the question is too prescriptive. Another way is: Does
> D have a big data strategy? But I tried to anchor it to some
> currently functioning framework which is why I suggested RDD.

I cannot speak on behalf of the D community. In my opinion I
don't think that it is D that needs a big data strategy. It is
the users of D that need that strategy.

I am originally a Java developer. Java devs. create all kinds of
crazy tools all the time. Lots fail, but some survive and grow
big, like Spark.

D devs need to do the same. Just jump into it. Have it be your
hobby project in D. Then see where it takes you.