Installing DUB on OSX

Joel via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 18 15:28:43 PST 2016

On Thursday, 18 February 2016 at 16:33:51 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 February 2016 at 07:52:11 UTC, Joel wrote:
>> On Thursday, 18 February 2016 at 07:11:23 UTC, Joel wrote:
>>> I had dub installed in a folder that meant I had to put 'sudo
>>> dub' to run it. I've tried to fix the problem, but where do
>>> you put it (also I tried one place, but couldn't put it in
>>> that folder)?
>>
>> I've now tried 'brew install dub' and 'brew upgrade dub', but
>> they come up with, 'Warning: dub-0.9.22 already installed', or
>> 'Error: dub 0.9.22 already installed'.
>
> Sounds like you have some problems with your homebrew. What
> does `brew doctor` give? Did you accidentally use `sudo brew`
> at some point?

I don't think I put 'sudo brew' at any point (I can't remember).
I hope I haven't broken my OSX!

Joels-MacBook-Pro:Debug joelcnz$ brew doctor
Please note that these warnings are just used to help the
Homebrew maintainers
with debugging if you file an issue. If everything you use
Homebrew for is
working fine: please don't worry and just ignore them. Thanks!

Warning: /usr/local/include isn't writable.

This can happen if you "sudo make install" software that isn't
managed by
by Homebrew. If a formula tries to write a file to this
directory, the
install will fail during the link step.

You should probably `chown` /usr/local/include

Warning: /usr/local/sbin isn't writable.

This can happen if you "sudo make install" software that isn't
managed by
by Homebrew. If a formula tries to write a file to this
directory, the
install will fail during the link step.

You should probably `chown` /usr/local/sbin

Warning: The /usr/local directory is not writable.
Even if this directory was writable when you installed Homebrew,
other
software may change permissions on this directory. Some versions
of the
"InstantOn" component of Airfoil are known to do this.

You should probably change the ownership and permissions of
/usr/local
back to your user account.

Warning: Broken symlinks were found. Remove them with `brew
prune`:
   /usr/local/lib/libSDL2.dylib

Warning: "config" scripts exist outside your system or Homebrew
directories.
`./configure` scripts often look for *-config scripts to
determine if
software packages are installed, and what additional flags to use
when
compiling and linking.

Having additional scripts in your path can confuse software
installed via
Homebrew if the config script overrides a system or Homebrew
provided
script of the same name. We found the following "config" scripts:

   /opt/local/bin/freetype-config
   /opt/local/bin/libpng-config
   /opt/local/bin/libpng15-config
   /opt/local/bin/ncurses5-config
   /opt/local/bin/ncursesw5-config

Warning: Your XQuartz (2.7.5) is outdated
Please install XQuartz 2.7.7:
   https://xquartz.macosforge.org

Warning: Unbrewed dylibs were found in /usr/local/lib.
If you didn't put them there on purpose they could cause problems
when
building Homebrew formulae, and may need to be deleted.

Unexpected dylibs:
     /usr/local/lib/libdsfml-audio.2.0.dylib
     /usr/local/lib/libdsfml-graphics.2.0.dylib
     /usr/local/lib/libdsfml-network.2.0.dylib
     /usr/local/lib/libdsfml-system.2.0.dylib
     /usr/local/lib/libdsfml-window.2.0.dylib
     /usr/local/lib/libsfml-audio.2.1.dylib
     /usr/local/lib/libsfml-graphics.2.1.dylib
     /usr/local/lib/libsfml-network.2.1.dylib
     /usr/local/lib/libsfml-system.2.1.dylib
     /usr/local/lib/libsfml-window.2.1.dylib
     /usr/local/lib/libsoloud_x86.dylib

Warning: Unbrewed header files were found in /usr/local/include.
If you didn't put them there on purpose they could cause problems
when
building Homebrew formulae, and may need to be deleted.

Unexpected header files:
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Audio/Err.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Audio/Export.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Audio/Listener.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Audio/Sound.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Audio/SoundBuffer.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Audio/SoundFile.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Audio/SoundRecorder.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Audio/SoundSource.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Audio/SoundStream.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Audio/Types.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Config.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/ConvertEvent.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Graphics/Err.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Graphics/Export.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Graphics/Font.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Graphics/Image.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Graphics/RenderTexture.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Graphics/RenderWindow.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Graphics/Shader.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Graphics/Text.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Graphics/Texture.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Graphics/Transform.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Graphics/Types.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Graphics/View.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Network/Err.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Network/Export.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Network/Ftp.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Network/Http.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Network/IpAddress.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Network/Packet.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Network/SocketSelector.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Network/TcpListener.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Network/TcpSocket.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Network/Types.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Network/UdpSocket.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/System/Clock.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/System/Err.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/System/Export.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/System/String.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/System/Threads.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/System/Types.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Window/Context.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Window/Err.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Window/Event.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Window/Export.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Window/Joystick.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Window/Keyboard.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Window/Mouse.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Window/Types.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Window/VideoMode.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Window/Window.h
     /usr/local/include/DSFML/Window/WindowHandle.h

Warning: Unbrewed .la files were found in /usr/local/lib.
If you didn't put them there on purpose they could cause problems
when
building Homebrew formulae, and may need to be deleted.

Unexpected .la files:
     /usr/local/lib/libSDL2.la

Warning: Unbrewed .pc files were found in
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig.
If you didn't put them there on purpose they could cause problems
when
building Homebrew formulae, and may need to be deleted.

Unexpected .pc files:
     /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/sdl2.pc

Warning: Unbrewed static libraries were found in /usr/local/lib.
If you didn't put them there on purpose they could cause problems
when
building Homebrew formulae, and may need to be deleted.

Unexpected static libraries:
     /usr/local/lib/libSDL2.a
     /usr/local/lib/libSDL2_test.a
     /usr/local/lib/libSDL2main.a

Warning: You have unlinked kegs in your Cellar
Leaving kegs unlinked can lead to build-trouble and cause brews
that depend on
those kegs to fail to run properly once built. Run `brew link` on
these:

     dmd
     wget

Warning: Homebrew's sbin was not found in your PATH but you have
installed
formulae that put executables in /usr/local/sbin.
Consider setting the PATH for example like so
     echo export PATH='/usr/local/sbin:$PATH' >> ~/.bash_profile
Joels-MacBook-Pro:Debug joelcnz$