Simple performance question from a newcomer

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 21 07:12:46 PST 2016

On Sunday, 21 February 2016 at 14:32:15 UTC, dextorious wrote:

> Now, seeing as how my experience writing D is literally a few
> hours, is there anything I did blatantly wrong? Did I miss any
> optimizations? Most importantly, can the elegant operator
> chaining style be generally made as fast as the explicit loops
> we've all been writing for decades?

I didn't look at your code that thoroughly, but it is generally
recommended that if you're concerned about performance to compile
with gdc or ldc. dmd has fast compile times, but does not produce
as fast of code. You might want to check if the performance
differential is still large with one of those.