Simple performance question from a newcomer

Marc Schütz via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 23 06:07:22 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 23 February 2016 at 11:10:40 UTC, ixid wrote:
> We really need to standard algorithms to be fast and perhaps
> have separate ones for perfect technical accuracy.

While I agree with most of what you're saying, I don't think we
should prioritize performance over accuracy or correctness.
Especially for numerics people, precision is very important, and
it can make a just as bad first impression if we don't get this
right. We can however make the note in the documentation (which
already talks about performance) a bit more prominent:
http://dlang.org/phobos/std_algorithm_iteration.html#sum