Issues

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 23 07:50:24 PST 2016

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 02:38:42PM +0000, Andre via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
[...]
> In case of #4763 I closed it because 2 out of 3 enhancement requests
> were fixed/solved and the 3rd was open for about 5 years, without
> recent activity, no owner, empty CC and no votes.
[...]

Sometimes people overlook certain issues for a long time, that's why
they have empty CC and no votes.  But they may be actual issues that
should be fixed.  When I have free time I like to browse old bugs to see
if there are any neglected bugs that ought to be fixed -- I've fixed a
few that had been otherwise overlooked for a long time.  If you like,
you could join me (and several others) who regularly trawl through old
bugs and find low-hanging fruit that can be easily fixed. ;-) Or, at the
very least, bring it to people's attention in the forum, say, if you
feel it's important -- it could be that people just overlooked the bug
and it's actually an important issue to fix.

Also, as somebody else has said, very few bugs actually get assigned;
most of the time people just work on them and submit PRs for them, and
they simply go from NEW to RESOLVED directly.  We've also tried to
promote the use of votes, but AFAICT that hasn't really caught on
either, so I wouldn't put too much weight on the fact that most bugs
have no votes.

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. -- Sammy