Simple performance question from a newcomer

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 23 19:33:14 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 23 February 2016 at 20:03:30 UTC, dextorious wrote:
> For instance, I am still not sure how to make it pass the -O5
> switch to the LDC2 compiler and the impression I got from the
> documentation is that explicit manual switches can only be
> supplied for the DMD compiler.

If you're referring to this:

"Additional flags passed to the D compiler - note that these
flags are usually specific to the compiler in use, but a set of
flags is automatically translated from DMD to the selected
compiler"

My take is that a specific set of flags are automatically
translated (so you don't need to make a separate dflags entry for
each compiler you support if you only use those flags), but you
can pass any compiler-specific flags you need.