CMake support for D

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 4 04:33:41 PST 2016

On Mon, 2016-01-04 at 08:28 +0000, Luis via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:

> I suggest use dub instead of cmake. I did a try to use cmake some
> time ago (a few years ago, before dub), and was a nightmare to
> get ir working on GNU/Linux and Windows. With dub , simply works
> fine with a simple json file.

The problem though is twofold:

1. IDE support, cf. CLion required CMake.
2. Getting things packaged in Debian/Fedora.

As far as I am aware, Dub is not yet packaged by Debian and Fedora and
so cannot be used for creating Debian or Fedora packages. If Dub could
be packaged then it opens up a whole new world of possibilities. For
now though use of SCons and CMake is nigh on required for projects
aiming to get packaged.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk