Are there any D scripting engines for use with D?

Jason Jeffory via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 4 10:40:03 PST 2016

We have many scripting engines available for use in D more or
less(lua, python, etc...).

Is there a D scripting engine that can be easily integrated into
a D project? A sort of "exec(<dcode>)". Something that works at
compile time and run time possibly? If <dcode> is a static string
then it should be able to compile it at compile time, else, run
time. Also, it would be nice if one could set up a unique state
for the code to run in(so it can't be hacked by harmful coding),
e.g., "exec(<dcode>, state)", where state is the state used for
the exec(passed along to the <dcode> to use) for external
function access and variable passing.

Something that is fast as possible would be nice too! I know
there this is quite a request, but hopefully there will be work
on it. I'd love to see scripting capabilities included with most
programs! This would be a start, at least, for my programs.