GC configuration docs

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 4 23:52:07 PST 2016

On 05.01.2016 01:39, Dan Olson wrote:
> I haven't played with any of the new GC configuration options introduced
> in 2.067, but now need to.  An application on watchOS currently has
> about 30 MB of RAM.  Is there any more documentation than the web page
> https://dlang.org/spec/garbage.html or should I just browse druntime
> code?

I don't think there is more than that.

> Also pointers (pun maybe) on finding who has the references keeping memory from
> being collected.

There is a "leak detector" in the GC compiled into it the with
-debug=LOGGING, but I guess noone has been using it the last couple of
years (and it seems to me it doesn't really do anything more than
printing allocations).

I used -debug=PRINTF, -debug=PRINTF_COLLECT and -debug=PRINTF_TO_FILE in
the past and grepped the resulting gcx.log. You might want to uncomment
some printf in the mark function, too.