Linking a DLL to a DLL with packages

Thalamus via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 9 07:45:07 PST 2016

On Friday, 8 January 2016 at 12:13:15 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
> On Thursday, 7 January 2016 at 19:29:43 UTC, Thalamus wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> First off, I've been working with D for a couple of weeks now
>> and I think it's the bee's knees! :) Except for DLLs.
>>
>> thanks! :)
>
> Dlls don't currently work on Windows. The only thing that works
> is giving your dlls a C-like interface. If you need any kind of
> D interface (classes, modules, etc) it won't work. I'm
> currently working on this, if you need it really badly and are
> willing to help bug testing send me a mail to code at
> benjamin-thaut.de
>
> Kind Regards
> Benjamin Thaut

Hi Benjamin,

I wouldn't say I need DLLs to work fully _really_ badly. The only
non-negligible issue with single very large binaries that's
crossed my mind is patching, but we're years away from having to
worry about that too much. That being said, I'm definitely
willing to do some testing, especially for something that helps
us down the road. I'll follow up with you offline. Thanks!