Linking a DLL to a DLL with packages

tcak via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 9 09:18:24 PST 2016

On Friday, 8 January 2016 at 12:13:15 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
> On Thursday, 7 January 2016 at 19:29:43 UTC, Thalamus wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> First off, I've been working with D for a couple of weeks now
>> and I think it's the bee's knees! :) Except for DLLs.
>>
>> thanks! :)
>
> Dlls don't currently work on Windows. The only thing that works
> is giving your dlls a C-like interface. If you need any kind of
> D interface (classes, modules, etc) it won't work. I'm
> currently working on this, if you need it really badly and are
> willing to help bug testing send me a mail to code at
> benjamin-thaut.de
>
> Kind Regards
> Benjamin Thaut

I thought DLLs (shared library) had problem on *nix, but was fine
on Windows. I have
never heard there was any problem about it on Windows.

---

Check this page. http://wiki.dlang.org/Win32_DLLs_in_D Test the
example. If it works, then you can continue modifying it to fit
your desired system. But I do not
think your problem is about DLL, but you are doing something
wrong about module names and file names.