UFCS vs auto-completion support

Jay Norwood via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 9 09:43:50 PST 2016

On Saturday, 9 January 2016 at 16:00:51 UTC, cym13 wrote:

> I may be very naive but how is the second form more complicated
> than the first?

Pretending these were regular function implementations ...

1000.

1000.iota.

1000.iota.sliced(

iota(

sliced(

sliced(iota(

I wouldn't be surprised if auto-completion provided correct
possible parameter type lists for the last three, but obviously
the first two would provide no help, and I'd be pleasantly
surprised if the third form provided the parameter type list
without the first parameter.

anyway ... I'll just try some simple cases in VisualD and eclipse
DDT and see what they come up with.