Setting up dmd properly

Robert M. Münch via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 10 21:46:11 PST 2016

On 2016-01-11 01:47:54 +0000, Jason Jeffory said:

> and how does one link in compiled static libraries into a dub project?
>
> I tried adding stuff like
>
> "lflags" : ["+C:\\MyLibs\\"],
>
> with the .lib file in it, but that doesn't work. (I'd expect to have to
> supply the file name somewhere, at least)
>
> Thanks.

I agree with all your other points. Telling explicit what's going on
would help a lot in daily business. Not only for D but all compiler
stuff. But it seems to be tradition to not do this.

Anyway, regarding the static libs. I used this on a Win64 project and it works:

        "lflags" : [
          "D:\\develop\\cairo\\cairo\\src\\release\\cairo-static.lib",
          "D:\\develop\\cairo\\libpng\\libpng.lib",
          "gdi32.lib"
        ],

--
Robert M. Münch