Anyone using glad?

Jason Jeffory via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 11 08:30:58 PST 2016

On Monday, 11 January 2016 at 10:01:11 UTC, Dav1d wrote:
> On Monday, 11 January 2016 at 01:46:11 UTC, Jason Jeffory wrote:
>> Ok. So I tried it out and having some issues ;/ got it
>> basically to compile but 2 problems:
>>

>> 1. I have to get dub to include the lib, not a big deal,
>> shouldn't be issue if I can get the right lib in. (not sure if
>> I have to do all that conversion just or not, and glfw has
>> several libs for different VS versions and such... not sure
>> what that's all about).
>
> I don't remember what lib you need, there were some linking
> issues on windows iirc, if it doesn't work using Derelict for
> glfw might be easier (another possible issue: the deimos
> bindings are outdated).
>

>> alternate thing I tried but gladLoadGL undefined
>> 	//(gladLoadGL()); // optionally you can pass a loader to this
>> function
>> 	//writefln("OpenGL Version %d.%d loaded", GLVersion.major,
>> GLVersion.minor);
>>

> gladLoadGLLoader does not exist in the D version, the D thing
> would be gladLoadGL(myLoaderHere), this function takes a
> delegate not a function as argument!

but as I said,

source\app.d(35,3): Error: undefined identifier 'gladLoadGL'
source\app.d(36,42): Error: undefined identifier 'GLVersion'
source\app.d(36,59): Error: undefined identifier 'GLVersion'
dmd failed with exit code 1.

I'm using deimos, but is that a glad function or some other
function supposedly by deimos?