Setting up dmd properly

Robert M. Münch via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 12 00:42:19 PST 2016

On 2016-01-12 04:15:36 +0000, Mike Parker said:

> You can avoid all of these headaches by using dynamic bindings like
> those at DerelictOrg [4] if they are available for the libraries you
> use. Then the compile-time dependency on the C library goes away and
> all you need is the DLL at runtime.

I have seen countless problems because apps are using dynamic linking
and whole IT environements getting into DLL hell. IMO one of the worst
ideas these days.

How simple would it be to just have one self-contained executable?

And all the Docker hype is doing / simulating this with a sledgehammer.

I prefer to link everything static, and it saved us and our clients
hours of headache. Drivespace is no limiting factor anymore, but time
and customer satisfaction is always.

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com