Doubt - Static multidimension arrays

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 19 07:20:26 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 19 January 2016 at 14:58:51 UTC, tsbockman wrote:

> Anyway, I'll give it a rest now. I thought this way of looking
> at it would make things easier to understand, but I guess not...

In my experience, it's focusing on the types in the D array
syntax, rather than the actual ordering, that helps people over
the hump. The rows vs. columns bit is useful to demonstrate the
difference, but the focus on types clarifies it. That's how I
approached it in the section on arrays in Learning D.